View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Long Tall Sally, Fillmore West 1/70 wrong venue?

All right - here is a head scratcher for you all - (maybe not all of you, only the obsessives such as myself)

been listening to one of the more widely circulated bootlegs out there, "Original Fleetwood Mac Blues Band" recorded (as per the boot) at the Fillmore West on 01 / 04 / 70

So, looking at the tracks, and their running order, and listening to the tracks, the first thing that becomes apparent is that this is not a straight recording of a single show - it is a compilation, possibly from multiple sets on the date listed -

But I'm okay with that...

Now listen to the last track - which happens to be one of the best versions of "Long Tall Sally" that this band ever laid down -

Green is heard talking to the audience before the number begins and in thanking them, says it has been great being there and that "...?" is their favorite place - it sounds like it starts with a "T", it most certainly is not "Fillmore" or "Shrine" - his comments do sound like something he would say to a West Coast audience, but I think the track may actually be from their stand at the Boston Tea Party -
The other really strange thing is that there seems to be either a female or a female sounding singer providing occasional back-up through out the number - it most definitely is not Christine!
You could make a case for either Delaney or Bonnie but there is not enough to really tell -
Anybody who has any ideas about this one I would love to hear from them

Thanks in advance

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead
E. Vedder