View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I get why you are saying that - but I just can't agree. Not this time. Lindsey toured solo after he was fired for months. There's no way he knew of his heart condition and still did a tour. I get that a LB solo tour of small theaters isn't going to be as hectic as a full on Fleetwood Mac tour, but a solo tour also comes without all of the expenses (fancy planes and best hotels) that a Mac tour does.

He sued them. Not threatened. Actually sued. Papers were filed with the courts and a settlement was agreed to.

This isn't 1996. Or 1997. Or 1987. Hell, it's not even 2014. They are OLD. Their contemporaries are dropping like flies on a regular basis. Time is NOT on any of their sides. Planning some elaborate, hidden, stunt, that needs to have 3-4 years to fully play out....it just isn't in the cards at this point.

After how he was treated, I don't even want another Rumours tour. Not even a big final tour. It will be absolute garbage at this point. Fake hugs and warm glances? Give me a break. What else is there to prove? Nicks won't record anything new with the band, so what is there in another tour (other than the obviou$)? They reunited in 1997 and it was absolutely amazing. Then in 2014, out of the middle of nowhere, they unexpectedly reunited yet again and toured the world. It was unexpected, and it gave people like myself who were fans for decades but were 16 years old and not in attendance at The Dance tour a chance to see the five of them together. It was great...but the performances on stage certainly weren't Dance-era level. But at 33/34 years old, I got that chance and even kind of got a Tango in the Night focused concert with the four cuts. But now? For what? After what has gone on for the last two years, anything further with the five of them would just be downright gross.
and an absolute insult to long-time fans. 'we think you're too stupid to realize we played you suckas"