View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Of course they have a right to play Hold Me and its a great song. However when they first Its so strange for the band to be playing Monday Morning, Second Hand News, and Go Your Own Way. Ok, I may give them a pass at GYOW. Its always closed their sets. It was done in the years Lindsey left. However, even in those years the band did not dare do Lindsey songs. Blue Letter was played in 1987 but Lindsey did not write it. They found a way not to try and reproduce Lindsey. You cant reproduce a guitarist AND vocalist in a band. Its impossible. This is what I feel the band is experiencing right now. The concert numbers are pretty good. But something still does not feel right.
And they wonder why?
Just wanted to remind you that Billy Burnette also sang Don't Let Me Down Again, a song that Lindsey recorded before he even joined FM. To me, that was more brazen than Neil singing Second Hand News.

Also, I understand what you're saying about Hold Me, but the fact that FM hasn't performed it live since 1982 does, to me, make it a surprising and pleasing addition! Although I hate they gave up Isn't It Midnight, at least they replaced it with Hold Me and not Over My Head, for example, a song I love but has been performed several times by FM, unlike Hold Me.

I kind of thought there was a good chance Hold Me and Wish You Were Here would be on the original set list, since they were performed by Buck/Vie last year.