View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Sugar Daddy" is a dreadful song.

"Over My Head" is boring.

I really love "Wish You Were Here" but don't like "Only Over You", which is strange since they're pretty much the same song.

"Isn't It Midnight" is her finest moment.

She basically carried the weight of the whole of Fleetwood Mac on her shoulders between 1987 and 1993. She owned TINT and BTM.

I don't think she's a particularly good singer. She has a nice voice, but I wouldn't say it's amazing. She's also not a particularly outstanding song writer. The word I would use to describe Christine's voice and song writing is "SOLID". She's consistent in everything she does which in Fleetwood Mac, is a very important thing - she is the anchor and balance between Lindsey and Stevie's eccentricities.

I get the impression she could be a bit of a snob.

"Hold Me" is 1000 times better than "Don't Stop".

"Tusk" onwards is where Christine really started to shine in the band. Aside from "Say You Love Me", none of Christine's songs on The White Album or "Rumours" really blow me away.

Infact, I think her songs pre-Buckingham Nicks are better than anything she did on the first 2 Buckingham-Nicks Mac albums.

She looked so stunning on the Mirage tour. The 80's were good to her. Unilke Stevie who was a hot mess.

I really like her songs on "Time". It's worth owning the album just for those.