View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Wednesday 30 May 2018
Neil Finn
Sydney Opera House, Sydney, NSW, Australia

I also see May 31 and June 30th. He had dates in March. I don't see anything for this month. This stuff must have already been scheduled?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Few comments I found on a Neil Finn fan site:

If you see Neil's website, you'll notice Neil & Liam album's still planned for release. So that equals new music in 2018. Therefore, thumb

This comes only months after his last highly acclaimed solo album which we watched the production of online. thumb

Neil is scheduled to perform with orchestra on three dates in Australia in May and June and is already booked for one in L.A. on March 24th. thumb

More people around the world are being exposed to and reminded of Neil's name and work. The graphs showing the increase of follower numbers on the Neil Finn Facebook page and visits to neilfinn.com look like something you see in movies.thumb

It's very unlikely that Neil would have released more new music in 2019 so soon after the Neil & Liam album and Out Of Silence, but meeting and jamming with other musicians while touring the world could lead to new collaborations in song or on stage. Imagine 7 Worlds Collide 3. thumb

I doubt there would have been new music from Crowded House in the next few years anyway. Joining Fleetwood Mac for this tour doesn't mean Neil's signed away all his time beyond that, so anything can still happen.
someone from the UK just shared similar info in our fb groups.

karma.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"