View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahafan02 View Post
This is a COMPLETE LIE!!! I've been on klonopin for four years and it does wonders for my panic attacks/anxiety. First off Stevie was taking 8 times the recommended dose several times a day. If Stevie said she had horrible reaction to Tylenol some of you would be going on and on about how "terrible" Tylenol is. I take 1mg as needed (up to three times a day) for panic/anxiety attacks. Some days I only take one, some days I don't take any. If I feel an attack is starting it helps A LOT. Stevie has said she was taking up to 12 mg at a time. I'm surprised she could walk. The problem with Stevie and other celebrities is that they can find a doctor to give them ANYTHING they want. Look at Prince, he's doctors were (allegedly) giving him HUGE DOSES of Percocet (Oxycodone) that took his life. I've been a RN for 23 years and I have had lots of people on Klonopin (besides myself). Like many narcotics (and yes Klonopin is considered a narcotic) it is widely abused however. Klonopin helps many people like myself with severe anxiety. It is not recommended, per the manufacturers, to take more then 2mg at a time. Stevie WAS A ZOMBIE on such high doses. She had a terrible doctor that kept raising the dose. The fault lies between them and not the drug itself.
In Stevie's defense, she wasn't the doctor and the doctor should have been more responsible.
Sadly a lot of doctors relies only on prescription drugs without caring about all the other components in the patients' lives and when the meds don't work instead of changing the cure or wondering why they don't work they just raise the doses.