View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Regardless of the conclusions you reach, thank you for putting together a thread with so many quotes and links, Steve.

I had forgotten that Lindsey's "close your eyes and take the money" remark had been prompted not by the interviewer--but by Christine!

And this quote of hers has always sat strangely with me:

Although she may equally be talking about John as bass player, the dry chuckle suggests that she's making a dig at Stevie (and it suggests to the world that they had been doing a whole lot of that while recording BuckMcVie).

The woman (er, sorry--person?) is a downright troublemaker!
Take that, jbrownsjr, with your calls to spare the 'fragile old lady' (paraphrasing).
I seriously doubt she's a troublemaker. She appears to be trying to keep the peace and build a bridge. And like most people placed in that position, she's not doing a great job of accomplishing it.

Remember that when she was working with LB Stevie would call her and ask if LB was "being a good boy." Rather than Christine being the trouble maker, it's far, far more likely she--as the other songwriter and front person--is placed in a VERY awkward place, negotiating the LB/SN quarrel which, according Mick paraphrasing Christine, should have been resolved years ago.

If you're ever in a family or close-friend situation where two people are constantly at each other's throats, it places all the others involved in delicate situations. The situation is even more complex if you love each of those warring factions equally--yet differently. Christine has significant bonds with both LB and SN and shouldn't have to take sides in their ongoing inability to reconcile. Do I largely blame Stevie? Yes, but Lindsey is not innocent in all this.