View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I agree with what you say. But I like the authentic Chris. She is not flashy or tries to be something she is not. The fact that she lacks charisma makes me love her even more. Its about the music to me and with Chris you will never find a better singer and performer in the studio or live. Yes most will say how much underappreciated she is with the Mac. But her joining the group was equally changing like when Buckingham/Nicks joined. Chris is such a fantastic songwriter. When I listen to the old Mac albums with Chris.....her songs are always my favorite. I don't think there is any song recorded by Chris that I hate. Her sultry vocals, her lyrics, and her seriousness of a performer always pulls me in.
That is why I think In the Meantime is a lost treasure. How lucky her nephew got her playing again in 2003 for a 2004 release. When I first listened to it.... I thought it was good. It took me a little while to fully appreciate the masterpiece it truly is. No padding.... no filler and maybe no charisma but one of the few records I put on and listen to song after song. Its not supposed to be daring or ground breaking. Its just well written and performed music. And that is what you get in a solo concert too. Thank goodness Chris does not have a shtick.
I love In the Meantime. To me, it's miles better than the 1984 album. Hardly a weak moment on it. And I DO think she displayed a low-key charisma on it. It's just that her subtle brand of musicianship attracts only the discerning ears.