View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 11:01 AM
Junior Ledgie

hi Dino
Brooklyn Blue is probably the person to ask about this.
We were both trying to figure this out and did get hold of the guy who did (i think) the mastering on the 3cd set but the trail went cold unfortunately. He did say that he really enjoyed the sets and was disappointed he hadn't been asked to do the remastering.
The 1980s Boston Lps Cerulean and it's accompanying single album volume were my introduction to PGFM. I still think they are incredible performances, up there with any live performance by anyone in pop/rock. I would really like to see a full release of the complete sets though it's hard to see that happening with the 3cd set out and again in "remastered" format.
It is frustrating that the 3cd set did not include everything that had been released before and personally, while the clarity is better on the 3cd box, i think the sound balance particularly between Peter and Danny is far better on the "old" sets - the outstanding 25 minute Rattlesnake Shake loses some of it's impact on the newer set as a result of them turning Danny's guitar down compared to Peter , losing some of the blend of Peter and Danny in the process.
I wish Mick Fleetwood would take an interest in all these "early Mac show tapes". Everything this line-up did is worth hearing and should be available as official downloads.