View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Their reasoning for voting without her is suspect. Were they protecting her potential future working relationship with Lindsey? Did they go behind her back to avoid her resistance? Or, did they go behind her back before she could get to John, thus preventing her and Lindsey from blocking them?

The other thing that gets me is the language they’re using. “Lindsey will not be participating on THIS tour,” “firing is too strong a word,” and “taken leave” all suggest that whatever is going on isn’t necessarily permanent. I think Lindsey is still a member of the band, at least legally, and that he actually is only on involuntary leave, not fired. The fact that none of them, except Stevie, has been absolute in their language says a lot.

I've noticed that too--could it be for legal reasons (gotta be hard to boot someone after 30+ years?)? Mick was very clear on not using the word fired. The thing that really gets me is the press release they issued "The band wishes Lindsey the best" Talk about a kick where it hurts...that was awful. Part of me thinks if they handled it better/smarter from the outset, would they be reeling in this backlash now? Who knows? But yes, I have noticed the language is suspect to say the least.
Has Stevie been absolute in her language--heard her say "She's sad" and we know she wants to twirl around her house, but has she said something so finite yet? I have admittedly tuned some stuff out--so could have missed.
Regardless--I definitely agree with you. thx!