View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Heart

Regarding the complaints about modern Sara, I couldn't disagree more. I feel in the 21st century, they have finally gotten the pacing right so that the song doesn't just drag on.

In that vein, I hope they fix Brown Eyes in the same manner. Early live takes of the song were just plain dull, but the bluesy guitar that was added for the Tango tour totally fixed that. Obviously Lindsey won't be adding any slide guitar parts, so how will he ratchet this song up a notch?

Before I get people upset, it's worth mentioning both Sara & Brown Eyes are at the top of my list of all time favorite songs. Not just Stevie, Chris, or even Fleetwood Mac songs... but songs, period. But just because they're stunning on an album, doesn't mean they transfer to the stage well, especially in their early days.

Count me as shocked Sisters is being considered for this tour. It felt rushed & often shaky on the last tour... I'm hoping they'll rework the song with Christine returning. This song deserves a second touring chance... it really should be Stevie's signature live piece.

Regarding Lindsey's Mirage era guitar solos, I *LOVE* those. Yes, they are sloppy, but they're so ROCK. They're flawed, they're crazy, wild, and passionate. You can totally hear the disintegration of the band in them. Yes, the '75 & '77 versions of Rhiannon were far tighter and more technically impressive, there's something about the tone of Lindsey's guitar playing during the Mirage era that was just so epic.

Regarding Seven Wonders, yes, I'd have to believe she'd be reticent to tackle that one live, which is a shame. I think it could be reworked & very much pulled off.

Add me to the chorus of those wanting Hold Me!