Thread: Chart Article
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2023, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
Yes John's drinking was pretty awful during Tango. I've also heard Chris drank far more in those days than what's been reported lol. Have heard cocaine was still present during Tango but not as much as in earlier years. So I believe Lindsey was the straightest one of the 5 at that time. He just loved his weed !

--Lis
We know Mick was still doing coke well into the 90s. Stevie was out of rehab for cocaine in 1986. Christine said in an interview with, I think The Guardian, in 2013 that she stopped doing cocaine in 1984 during the recording of her solo album. Lindsey and John, I haven’t found any info, but we do know that Lindsey had a trailer set up in his yard during the recording of Tango so the other band members could go indulge in their vices. I can’t imagine this was only for Mick, so I would assume John and Christine may have partook in the cocaine at some point during Tango. I get the impression that Christine was just doing it for fun or like for old time sake to make a little joke out of it. John was probably doing it more with Mick. John was also a big drinker so he was probably still drinking a lot back then. Christine was still drinking a lot well into her post 1998 retirement because she said in her BBC documentary that she was drinking and fell and injured her hip or back and got hooked on painkillers for a while. So I’m sure she was still drinking during Tango too. She also said in an interview at one point during her 2014 come back that everyone in the band had quit drinking and this is the first time she’ll be performing without a drink.