View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
WOW. What a total, amazing, emotional surprise

He looks fabulous!

The emotion for the family, having him here with them to share in all these moments every day, must be incredible.

Thank you so much, Kristen for sharing this with everyone.
There is so much going on here.
  • SOL from Lindsey - he looks tanned and healthy as ever
  • The song choice - some have called it magnanimous (indeed, this song is Stevie AND Lindsey's contribution to world culture), but I can't help but read it in many ways -- about Stevie's betrayal, about Lindsey's hurt and also love, about the ties that will always bind them
  • Think about it: Lindsey and Stevie created things that people perform at graduations!!! -- THIS IS WHAT STEVIE JUST THREW OUT LIKE GARBAGE!
  • And Lindsey is able to perform them at said graduation with his children (something Stevie will never be able to do, something I will never be able to do)
  • Lindsey's daughter sounds beautiful here (I have missed hearing this song in a youthful register)
  • That high-five was like ... the kind of two-way generational pride and affirmation I usually only attribute to, like, athletes

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.