Thread: Shuffle Riff
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 09:59 AM
Senior Ledgie

Hmm..LOL thanks for those answer guys! It's hard for me because I don't have memorized in my head exactly what some of those demos sound like, as I've only received some of them not long ago ( thanks to someone here).

I was trying to figure out what I still DON'T have. I saw I didn't have anything titled "Shuffle Riff" and that my version of GOS differs only in track order from what most of you guys have, when I looked back at one Elle sent me long ago. The only other difference was that one had "Shuffle Riff" and mine had "Wait For You". Now all I am wondering, is if they are exactly the same versions just with different titles.

If a song was allowed to be used in a film, then Lindsey would have to OK that right? I wonder why back then the song was called "Twist of Fate"? And if this is the same version as what ended up being "TRPTF".

My question about "To Try For The Sun"....hmm, not even sure what I mean. In the list of songs Elle send me once, it listed an "acoustic" version of this, and then I see on the Village Recorder Demos there are a couple versions. Don't have my VRD on me at the moment. And I forget what they sounded like....I'm just wondering if this acoustic version is one I do not have. All of my questions come down to: Do I have this or not? So that if not, I can get it!

On a side note, from what I can see about my version of GOS, there are two Stones covers songs that never ended up on any of LB's solo albums. ("Gotta Get Away" and "The Singer Not The Song")