View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 05:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenStu View Post
Part of me will be a little dissapointed if she rejoins the band. I'll explain why:

I really had to move heaven and earth to see the Mac back in September 2013.
Believe me, getting the tickets was a nightmare and I only managed it through sheer luck. I promised myself I'd never put myself through that stress again.

When she joined them onstage my friend Nick said to me "It may have been one song only, but we just saw the CLASSIC line up of Fleetwood Mac old man!"
He then went on to say that "What we saw there was history. No one will ever top this. We probably never have to see another live gig again after witnessing that." I agreed with him that we could never, ever top that evening.

When I got in and my wife asked me if I had a good time I said "I probably never need to see another live gig again in my life. That was IT".

I felt I had really accomplished something by getting those seats.

If she rejoins them permanently and they do a massive tour on the back of it... I think you can see where I'm going with this.

(although I have since changed my mind on the "I'm never seeing a live gig again" thing. I've put my name down for Foo Fighters if they do the UK in 2014 and just told a mate "Get me a ticket to that!" and I intend to see Toto do the UK in 2015).
I was also at the O2 and saw the five of them, and felt precisely as you did.

I didn't think Christine would make any noises about rejoining permanently and so thought, well, if I never see anything again, that has made my dream come true.