View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
um... good to see you posting again?

I recognize that this band has the right to call itself Fleetwood Mac.

For some, Fleetwood Mac is their favorite band no matter who is in it. They see it as an entity to which they are loyal, like a country or a church.

I, however, do not consider all the incarnations of Fleetwood Mac to be equal. I think about it in terms of the music. If the band is not making music that I enjoy, it is no longer my favorite band.

Without Lindsey, the Fleetwood Mac that I love is over. As Mick himself stated, this is a "new band" now, and I will never hear my favorite incarnation play together again. That is something I am sad about, and I don't think that's terribly irrational or ridiculous.

The fact that it all went down in such an ignominious fashion is the other half of this, which makes the event not only sorrowful but also disgraceful.... the wrong that was done to Lindsey. It's not the end of the world, but it sure ticks me off.
This is exactly how I feel, thank you for summing it up so perfectly. I am tired of people telling me to get over it. I will when I am ready. Until then, I am angry, sad, horrified, and terribly disappointed.