View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakerofBirds View Post
I agree. Also, I think it's sad that people can't handle what was clearly said as a joke. I'm sure it's nothing that Lindsey hasn't heard already. We see MINUTES of their lives and it's ridiculous to dissect every little word they say about each other and think we have any clue about their relationship.
Very valid point. If you're talking about personal relationship especially. But they use the press to air their frustrations with each other professionally and always have. So while I agree we definitely don't get to see the TOTALITY of their working relationship, we do get glimpses of it. And when you have seen enough glimpses over 40 years and there's a real consistency to those comments, you can, I think, draw at least a few valid conclusions from them.

In a recent print interview (maybe it was the transcript from this interview without editing? can't recall) she said "I work with Lindsey when I have to." And other than that they don't see each other, because he's got his family commitments and she doesn't.

Interesting choice of words. "when I have to". Not, "I see Lindsey when we work together in FM but otherwise we don't see each other socially coz he has kids blah blah blah"

Not "we see each other when FM gets together"

Rather, "I work with him when I have to". As in, when I have to go out on the mega cash-grab tours. (Does this mean she doesn't want to do them but feels she owes it to other band members like Mick and John??) I mean, if she doesn't enjoy them, why do them????

Does she do them because she likes being one of the only 70-ish female rockers still out there drawing big crowds? Does she do them because she likes being part of a band that still can compete with other mega bands still touring?

We assume she doesn't like recording with him, so she's stopped doing it. He's clearly, by comments from almost everyone in the band, become the director of their live shows, the musical director, etc etc.... so it sounds like he has as much control over live shows as he does in the studio, so how is it ok to tour with him but not record?

It all seems too contradictory, unless you go back to the ego thing. If the tours are mega successful, she'll put up with him. If the albums were still selling mega numbers and they were having hit singles, my bet is she'd be right there recording as well.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 08-16-2017 at 12:55 PM..