View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
From what I remember, it was sort of an "underground" Ledge started by people who had either been banned by the original Penguin/Ledge owner/moderator, or left on their own accord when others were banned. Lots of the content was geared toward knocking/bashing the "real" Ledge. The incident I think eventually lead to the Ledge being shut down for a few months as a sort of cooling off period, then re-launching around '99 or '00 in the format we have today.
That was pretty much the way 3 other boards were started. Sort of...
"Seven Wonders" began as a result of a Ledge crash. It was down for a couple days?, and we had so much traffic then, people were freaking out, so it(SW) began as a "free message board". But it rapidly turned into a Stevie worship site. If you dared say ANYTHING bad about her, you were banned from the board.

There were two other "underground" boards like Black Ledge. The first? was Horsemanity(one of the things that caused the 2007 exodus was that the mods[one in particular] were out of control. One night, one person asked a bunch of us to put a pic of the backside of a horse as our sig pic. I think 17 of us did, and 13 got temporarily banned[no explanation why 4 people didn't] The bans were lifted after only a day or so, but people were PISSED, so we left). That group went on for a while, until we figured out that there was a spy in the group. So that group was abandoned, and a new group was started, called Homanity, obviously excluding the spy.

That said, ^, in retrospect, those two groups were MEAN. I mean, I know I can dish it out, but the groups were too mean for me. Hate and snark, 24/7. A few of us left the group after a while, because it was a very negative place to be. I used to have it bookmarked, but can't find it now. Hopefully it died. There was one instigator who was behind both groups, the horse's ass pic we all posted,...all of it! It took YEARS until they finally banned her from The Ledge. Her name starts with a C...