View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
We are probably 15% of the Mac concert goers who know the deep tracks or want new music. They must play all the hits or get food thrown at them. Its just reality and its not unique to the Mac. However there are some unique fan bases like Bruce or the Stones where they could get away with not playing one hit and still pack the house to rave reviews.
I had the Buck/McVie CD since its release and its been in my car's CD player ever since. I was looking forward to hearing all the music during the show but to my surprise I much preferred to hear their new tracks than the Mac tunes they played. Even in that small crowd, I was in the minority of the minority. I guess things could be way worse. The Eagles just announced a 12 night stadium tour. I would never attend a stadium concert even with the Mac. They play for the masses and the sound is crap. I know Stevie (only) fans will flame me for saying this but please don't complain about the band playing the same songs over and over. Stevie is the reason there is no new music with the Mac....end of story period. She has surrendered her music creativity to the drama between her and Lindsey. She is content in life playing new solo music to her fans but even happier for the big pay check from the Mac for singing Rhiannon, Gold Dust Woman, Dreams and Landslide for the tenth million time.
Couldn't have said better myself. Stevie's fans are anxiously waiting for the Mac tour to hear over and over again that crappy 10 minutes long Gypsy story, in which half of the things she says are not true. And don't you dare interrupt her or let her know she should finish because you get the cold shoulder for the rest of the night.

An Australian journalist complained about it recently and Stevie's fans flamed her for it, because they LOVE her story. I go to a concert to listen to music. If I want to hear Stevie telling false stories then she should do a Stevie convention or something like that.

I also want to hear new music and that's not gonna happen with the Mac because Stevie doesn't want to and Mick does want Stevie wants. That's why Lindsey and Chris decided to start a new project. I thank Chris every day of my life for being on board with Lindsey.

Having said that, I'll definitely go to some Mac concerts, because I only saw them live once. And I want more. But the drama will be there, for sure.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.