View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
According to that logic, you have no right to criticize anyone in the Mac for not giving public statements. The next time they tour and if they give statements like Stevie did over a year after Prince's death from the stage and Petty tribute 2 years after Petty's death then we can call it even People are flaming them for not tweeting and giving instant public statements. That's different than stage tributes years later. Keith pretty much always spoke highly of the band. I don't need public statements to know they cared for Keith. But I guess some do.

This conversation sort of reminds me of the twitter batter between Perez Hilton and Kris Jenner the night that Kaitlyn came out. Perez freaked out and blasted Kris because she was the only person not publicly saying anything of support. Eventually Kris fired back a big F. U. Perez how she and her former husband had private words that the world did not need to hear. But yes she did support Kaitlyn.

This instant twitter world is destroying the world. We even had democrat candidates for president answer debate questions in 8th grade Spanish to please only the twitterverse. Whether Mick's mother was in the business or not is not the point. Mick did not feel the need to talk to the fans that night from the stage, tweet anything or put out statements. The point is the same. You should not have to constantly put out statements about your feelings on current events or other issues. If you want to, I respect that too but I surely am not going to flame anyone for it. I respect privacy.
It has nothing to do with social media. It has to do with having a modicum of class. Someone who was critical in your career and becoming a star dies, it is not unheard of now nor was it unheard of twenty years ago, to issue a short statement thru your management or PR or whomever saying "we were saddened to learn of the passing of Keith Olsen. Keith played an instrumental role in the early years of our music, producing the BN album and the first FM 5 album. We send our condolences to his family at this time". I mean jeebus that's actual boilerplate statement verbiage right there.

No one expects them to carry on for years (which SN did about Tom, which is sort of understandable, and about Prince which is just kinda weird). Again, Rick Springfield issued a nice statement, the Scorpions, and a bunch of other bands. It's respectful to his family who are justifiably proud of his accomplishments. Mick should say something like "I'll always be grateful to Keith for introducing me to Lindsey and Stevie" and either Stevie or Lindsey should say something about "Keith was pivotal in making our first ever album and our joining FM". Short, sweet, respectful. I'm disappointed in all of those three for saying nothing.