View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Tend to agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by face of glass
Easier said than done Neil. We all know the quality of the trade CD-Rs in this community is not always up to scratch; there's diginoise and other burning mistakes that plague them. That material isn't seed-worthy because some people (not necessarily the most ardent fans) will always be complaining because of the mistakes that weren't in the original recording.

Now why should one care about that? Simply because the trade communities of other bands do. They attempt to take away any flaws that weren't there originally from the recording before they start seeding. The best way is to find some low-generation tapes and re-digitize those.
with ya there...As of late I haven't traded any FM (Or solo related) material lately because it is a pain-in-the-ass having to check for errors/mistakes/etc. because when ya try to pass the music off to those who are not the most 'die-hard' for the FM material they ALWAYS complain why the recordings suck major happy ass when compared to other artists' material.

Some of the best 2003-2004 shows have come from tapers who do not primarily collect FM shows/material/etc., Because they have mastered their art recording other artists and have usually done FM as an afterthought.

I have had trade offers as of late for more audio tapes of past Hard-To-Find (Mainly 1975-1989) FM shows (And related solo material) but have (Thus far) passed on the opportunity because it is too damn time consuming to have to listen through a tape for errors before you burn it to disc so as not to contaminate the trading circles with YET another error filled recording.

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."