View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 View Post
Yup. And as far as Christine just going along with things...my memory can be foggy, but back when the rest of the band had their shorts in a knot over Stevie's Rolling Stone cover story Christine PARTICIPATED by being interviewed for the article. Christine does what she wants.

Agree with your prior reasoning on the difference between Lindsey and The Pretenders booking different shows. And not for nothing (and again I may be foggy on the specifics, so I beg forgiveness if I'm wrong), but didn't Stevie hold off on touring in support of 24 Karat Gold because of an FM tour? The album was released in 2014, but she didn't begin the 24 Karat Gold Tour until 2016 due to On With the Show. I'm not one in the "Stevie's fault! Stevie's fault!" camp with the actual verified evidence available... BUT I can also see her being petty enough to figure she had to wait to do her own tour, Lindsey can wait to do his. Pettiest band of all time, these Macs.
Yes, 24 Karat Gold was released right before she went on tour with FM. And she didn't sing one song from that album on that tour. Not that she should get a medal for that, but yes, she kept her commitment to the band and I don't recall her complaining about not being able to tour for 24 Karat Gold until 2 years later. But I agree with you, I could also see Stevie using that same standard with Lindsey. Right or wrong, at least no one can say she was asking for special treatment back then, and then refusing to give him the same treatment now.