View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
I don't understand - do you think they didn't want to put the album out?
we've been waiting for this album since they first went into studio in 2012. it kept being delayed. 2014 and Christine came and they recorded some more, and were really clear that they are still trying to talk Stevie into it. again, album and recording kept being delayed. many fans have been pushing that they should go ahead without Stevie instead of waiting for her to change her mind. it took some years for them to finally make that decision. if you look at various fan discussion boards, there were and are many [other] fans who keep coming up with bunch of ways how maybe Stevie can still fly in at the last moment. which would mean another 2-year delay. so we didn't trust that they've really decided to push ahead, and that something won't stop that.

Lindsey Buckingham recorded the whole VH1 Behind the Music talking about Gift Of Screws solo album that was going to be released shortly, back in 2001. we know what happened to that - WB told him to roll it into FM album instead. it took 3 more years and a much worse album than the original Gift of Screws was for a bulk of that music to come out. they've signed again with Warner's now. so frankly, i was just waiting (i almost still am!) to hear that Warner's again told them they should just wait for the 2018-2019 FM tour to be over and then roll the BuckMcVie music together with Stevie's into another half-bakes album like SYW to be able to sell it under FM moniker.

so yeah, this first date i feel is a breakthrough. i see it as a point of no return. i hope!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"