View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 04:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
THANK YOU! AGREED!
BTW, how does one release an album without being signed to a record label? Who would make the copies and distribute it?
You, or whoever you hire. But with digital distribution it's fairly easy, as you can imagine.

Let's make no mistake, Stevie has a long history of making career choices based on commercial interest. While "selling out" isn't a phrase I'm fond of, if that's the one people are invoking, then so be it. When Stevie said "I don't want to sing other people's songs" back in 1981, and Jimmy Iovine said "Well, tough, because you won't sell any records if you don't put SDMHA on this album as the lead single", and she did what he said, that was a huge moment of "selling out" and has set the tone for many of her solo career choices since. There seem to be some revisionist historians in this thread.

Re: Stevie on The Voice: The title of this thread/its source is overstating, as has been pointed out. It's certainly not the same as her being an actual judge. All it'll amount to is a few video montages of her helping young contestants in singing rehearsal, and probably a lot of footage of them raving about how awesome she is and how much they love her and what an a amazing thing it is to be in the same room as her. Can anyone really say they're surprised that such a scenario might appeal to her? Even without the potential commercial benefits?

I say go for it, Stevie. I don't like these shows. She clearly does and has said so for many years. As long as it doesn't get in the way of her artistic output which I am interested in, more power to her.

Last edited by Dex; 07-13-2014 at 04:12 AM..