View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Christy (wondergirl9847) already pointed out what I was going to mention -- the advisers and mentors on these shows don't have nearly the level of involvement as the actual judges. Stevie won't be as visible as Steven Tyler was on American Idol, so I don't think she'll be in much danger of over-exposing herself.

Trust me, I've always loved Stevie's mystical & elusive qualities, too, but for an artist who had long been criticized as being out-of-touch and unrelatable, it's been fun to see this more accessible, down-to-earth side of her. We always knew it was there -- but everyone else is seeing it now, too. Plus, it seems the level of goodwill people have towards her, has increased exponentially as they've seen this side of her. That's not a bad thing.
Thank you! The points you made are so well stated. I understand the concerns people have about her appearing on The Voice. Some call it a sell-out. I see it as a smart business/PR move.

Just recall what Joe Perry from Aerosmith said about Steven Tyler joining American Idol. He had some of the same reservations that Stevie's fans have. Over time, he realized that it didn't tarnish their reputation; on the contrary, the exposure invigorated their fan base and the band gained a new generation of fans. As a result, they sold more records.

(on a side note: I loved that Steven Tyler was in the audience when Stevie appeared on Crossroads with Lady Antebellum, a band who were completely blown away by her talent and emotionally affected by her advice).

While record sales may be one factor, Stevie is a natural mentor/teacher; she genuinely enjoys helping, and imparting her worldly rock and roll wisdom to a new generation. Phillip Phillips said, of all the mentors, Stevie gave him the best, most useful advice. She obviously has a gift for it. This is the perfect outlet for her!

Last edited by PenguinHead; 07-11-2014 at 08:40 PM..