View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegirl View Post
Oh, I realize that. I was being a little facetious because I remember a time when Stevie said something like she could have gotten out there and become involved in a lot of different things like Madonna did, but she decided not to do that, and I always admired her for that--AND because it seems as if a lot of stars today have no problem with putting their name of just about anything to make a buck. I never thought of Stevie that way, and I thought it gave some of us idealists out here hope that it is possible to follow Polonius's advice of "to thine own self be true."

In the case of Glee, I see it as a lot different because these are actors who are doing Stevie's songs--AHS was exciting because some of it was designed around the mystical aura of Stevie Nicks. I find these singing competitions lame, so I hate to see someone I adore within 50 feet of them.

Again--my apologies to people who like these shows. I have things I watch on tv that a lot of people think are stupid--myself included-ha!
You don't have to apologize for not liking singing competitions. But to me, Stevie's appearance on them doesn't mean she isn't being true to herself. She's always been interested in helping people, and she has always wanted young artists to get a break, especially given how hard it has become.

And maybe these shows do have their cheesey moments, and maybe some of the contestants are products of an age where style matters more than substance, but there have been some brilliantly talented people who have gotten their start on these shows.