View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
I consider myself a Lindsey solo fan, not a Fleetwood Mac fan. As far as Fleetwood Mac goes, I like the Lindsey songs, some of the Stevie songs from Tusk and earlier, and maybe three Christine songs. But it makes sense to me that you can be a Fleetwood Mac fan and only like one or the other, or neither since there are so many incarnations of the band. There are plenty of people that just like the Peter Green era or Bob Welch. That's really the best thing about Fleetwood Mac is that no matter what your tastes are, there is probably an era or songwriter that you can enjoy. Being a Fleetwood Mac fan doesn't mean you have to enjoy every person that's ever been in that band.
True. I was really being specific to the Stevie and Lindsey era. I guess I think if you're a Lindsey fan you would at least appreciate his contribution and production on Stevie's songs, even if it's not your thing lyrically. I tend to look at Fleetwood Mac music as it was meant to be - the whole being greater than the sum of its parts, to borrow LB's favorite phrase. For example, there are a lot of "Buckingham Nicks" songs that I appreciate Christine's presence on, even if I thought they were really great with only Buckingham Nicks. I mean to dislike Stevie means you don't listen to Dreams, Rhiannon, Sara, Gypsy, Landslide, Gold Dust Woman.... these are all songs synonymous with Fleetwood Mac. I don't see what kind of fandom is left if you're not into that. I mean I like Paul McCartney better than John Lennon, but without him there is no Beatles. It's the same school of thought the Christine fans have -- that it's not Fleetwood Mac without her. I can understand that because it's the meshing of the members that made up the thing to begin with. Otherwise, they would just be solo artists or not artists at all.

Last edited by CADreaming; 10-10-2013 at 12:41 PM..