View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 09:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
Louie, interesting post, especially that end part...

This is going to sound really, really weird, but Stevie's flaws are a big part of what draws me to her. I think this is mostly because it allows me to justify my own ****ty decisions to be quite honest. But more importantly, it makes me feel a little more confident in certain values that I have that are controversial-- "seize the day," necessary selfishness, etc. Also, I love that Stevie can almost redefine herself through her creative work, depicting her experiences in the way that she sees them. You study "Gold Dust Woman" and "Kick It" and suddenly, you can have a completely new perspective on Stevie's drug use. "Sara" and "Goodbye Baby" shed a little light on the abortions. As a writer, I appreciate her ability to work through things in a creative way. Don't get me wrong-- I do NOT approve of anyone getting four abortions.But I must admit that I am as intrigued with her flaws and insecurities as I am with her strengths.
I totally agree with you about her flaws being a draw and by being intrigued with her insecurities. To me she puts so much of herself out in the open in her music. I mean, look into her lyrics as far as you want, but I swear I get something without looking to hard. Flaws, insecurities, rights, wrongs, heartaches that drive me mad, etc. Maybe I just totally understand Stevie more than anyone else.... *sigh*

Sometimes I have to remind myself that she is a real live person and not some sort of higher power. She's a rock star and I like her A LOT but she's still a person and she poops. Everyone Poops. Poop seems to put things in perspective for me.

I do admit that I have wondered who all impregnated her and when these terminations occured. I wonder if she appeared impregnatated ... None of my business but half the things I know are none of my business.

He asked me for my love
And that was all