Thread: Sirius
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2020, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The station will be gone and I will miss it. I've heard many many pre B/N tunes and Time/BTM as well. They played Christine Perfect tunes. It's really doing a great job in my opinion.
you are easy to please my friend!

i hated it the first time (so many lost opportunities to showcase the full band history, instead of playing unrelated contemporaries, to say nothing about the obvious spite towards Lindsey and not playing his solo songs throughout the run, while playing even Mick and John "solo" songs).

i would never torture myself with this second milking of it. it make Fleetwood Mac look bad, with long history but thin output (which is not true for versions other than the classic 5).

as i told a friend on twitter - i'm a fleetwood mac fan when we talk about their whole opus (which is definitely not nearly appropriately showcased here) while for the most popular classic 5 version, i'm just a fan of Lindsey and even more Lindsey solo. which again - not showcased at all.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"