View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I really disagree. Take an evening and watch all her interviews and such from In The Meantime on youtube back to back. She repeatedly said that her time with the band had been drawing to a close since sometime in the late 1980s/very early 1990s.
When I see her interviews, I see that she missed her home very much, being away from England and her family. Interviews, deadlines, travel, waking up in a strange bed. That she hated.

I also think being in the band with John directly after their divorce was bad. Watching Mick become a drunken sod sleeping on a basement floor was bad. The Tango break up was bad.

But generally speaking, the stuff that's going on with Lindsey and Stevie now, I really don't think that was a big deal to her. She couldn't care less. I don't think she would see that as negative stimuli. I mean, I often joke to myself that the lyric, "trapped in the middle of a lousy love affair," was about Stevie and Lindsey, but actually I hardly think their drama was a bleep on her radar. I view it as like a 1 on her stress level scale.

Furthermore, outside of big Tango-type altercations, I don't think she had to referee anything. Just her presence saying, "let's finish rehearsing this . . ." was enough to get everything back on track. I mean, just having the third person there keeps things more focused on the music, so that Stevie and Lindsey aren't going head to head with each other. It doesn't take someone standing and screaming at them to be quiet for hours on end. In fact, she said they could get along quite well with each other when they were working. With Christine there, I think they would work more and push each other's buttons less.

I think the draw of the music they made together both the playing and the vocals, would be enough to get her to agree to recording something with them again. And maybe participating in one recorded concert.

Of course, I know she would never go on the road again. That is what I think is definitely over. I don't even daydream about a tour with her.

Michele