Thread: San Diego
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 06:35 AM

Ladies and gentlemen ... Stevie Nicks and The Pretenders!

Our very own DJs Dan Noon and Robin Roth had the pleasure of attending Thursday night's concert featuring Stevie Nicks and The Pretenders. Here's what they had to see and say about their night!

I was so excited about seeing this show. My first time at a Stevie Nicks concert and expectations were pretty high. Needless to say, I was not disappointed!

While she was onstage, Stevie told us that she has been spending quite a bit of time in San Diego lately aside from her show here. She was in our fine city during Christmas and New Years with family because her niece Jessie just had a baby. Congrats to them! - Robin

------------

It was a full house, and not a tear was left un-shed during a powerful performance from Stevie Nicks' Rockin' 24 Karat Gold Tour at Viejas Arena. - Dan

Stevie Nicks Setlist (**Encore):

Gold and Braid
If Anyone Falls
Stop Draggin' My Heart Around (w/ Chrissie Hynde)
Belle Fleur
Gypsy
Wild Heart
Bella Donna
Enchanted
New Orleans
Starshine
Moonlight (A Vampire's Dream)
Stand Back
Crying in the Night
If You Were My Love
Gold Dust Woman
Edge of Seventeen
Rhiannon**
Landslide**

Stevie played a wonderful 2-set encore w) Fleetwood Mac staples in "Rhiannon" and "Landslide," but it was her vault of predominantly unreleased solo material that set the stage for a unique evening on the Mesa. She's an incredible storyteller and regardless if she needed a teleprompter to tell her stories, she's a natural. She spoke of meetings with Tom Petty, Prince and Jimmy Iovine, among others, that were captivating. - Dan

Favorites of mine included "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" - Chrissie Hynde of The Pretenders (who opened for Stevie) singing Tom Petty's part, "New Orleans" (a song attributed to those suffering from Hurricane Katrina and how we would stay strong in the end), "Starshine," and weirdly enough "Moonlight (A Vampire's Dream)". The last one is one of Stevie's personal favorites and it's related to a relationship she had in the past yet similar to Twilight. - Dan

[The Pretenders didn't allow photos but that didn't include their set list!]

This was my third time seeing The Pretenders. I thought the first two albums were well represented, but was surprised we didn't hear Precious or Tattooed Love Boys. All in all, I thought the set list was great! - Robin

------------

The Pretenders rocked the house with great ease. The trifecta of "Hymn for Her," "Back on the Chain Gang," and "I'll Stand By You," anchored by "Middle of the Road," and "Brass in Pocket," capped off an incredible night. Chrissie mentioned that she and the band loved visiting Bluestocking Books, as well as Record City in Hillcrest. She said "one can never have enough books and records, especially because VINYL is FINAL!"

If you were there, I'd love to hear how you liked it. Hit me up on Twitter (@highnoon619).

BONUS FROM DAN

I got to see Shirley Manson from Garbage walk by me a few times. That was a kick-ass moment. - Dan Noon

BONUS FROM ROBIN

Dan forgot to mention the fabulous white boots that Shirley Manson was wearing. She sat a few rows behind me and after the show, got whisked away backstage. Oh to be a fly on that wall. Three of my favorite female singers. Stevie Nicks, Chrissie Hynde and Shirley Manson.

I was reminiscing with my friend Julie Black about the show The Pretenders did at Golden Hall many years ago. Bow Wow opened the concert. Chrissie was so bad-ass. She got angry at a guy in the mosh pit and booted him right in the face. The crowd went wild. Those were the days my friends.

Lets compare show notes - @robin_roth on Instagram and Twitter. ♥ - Robin

------------

Shirley Manson posted a photo from the concert on Garbage's Instagram page.

She captioned the photo, "Last night, in San Diego, I finally met the legend that is Stevie Nicks. She said things, such sweet, lovely things to me that it brought tears to my eyes. I might never fully recover my equilibrium."

http://www.kfmbfm.com/story/34658085...the-pretenders