View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
first time i''ve heard of SN she was giving this statement how she was the first woman rocker in men's world, blazing the trail for all other women that came after her. (i'm paraphrasing, but that was the jest of it)

i though wow, i completely get and love what she's saying, i should look up this woman i've never heard of but who was apparently the first. so i did. and i looked up the years she was talking about. and felt she's belittling all these other women musicians and rock stars who came before her and at the same time as her. including Janis.

i guess everybody here knows and accepts that she rambles on and doesn't really think what she's saying every time, and that maybe she doesn't really mean it the way it comes out... but not everybody knows and understands that if they don't know much about her.

as for the pop music world now, maybe i'm wrong, but people like Gaga or Adele seem like pretty powerful and strong women, no?
as a fan of BOTH Adele, and Gaga, they are NOT in Stevie's league. they rely HEAViLY on "co"-writers and TEAMS of producers.