View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What I Like:

1. Opening Night Setlist was phenomenal and absolutely lived up to the band’s hype. **** see #2 in dislikes
2. Black Magic Woman is maybe the single best full band live performance from this century. Stevie does an incredible job, but the star of the song and probably the whole show is Christines piano solo.
3. Free Falling
4. All Over Again Done How it was was the perfect show closer
5. Lindsey’s Solo Show!!!! I know the runour (straight from Lindsey)was he was going to tour solo in-between shows but there’s no way he could’ve put as much into his shows and definitely wouldn’t have had as many dates if he was on the Fleetwood Mac tour. And it was by far his best solo tour in my opinion. So I consider his solo shows a huge PRO for this topic.
6. It’s Over!!!!! Above all else right now, the biggest pro is it’s finally over and not continuing into 2020. I stand by the idea of this tour and line up having a lot of promise. The execution just wasn’t there for the most part.

What I don’t like:

1. The setlist beyond the first few shows was still above average. By the end of the US tour I would say it was below average and by the time they hit Europe and dropped TMATTYD and All Over Again it was the biggest 180 in the band’s touring careers and went from phenomenal opening night to probably their most pathetic excuse for a set list to date!
2. *****Go Your Own Way. The one blip in the original set list was the fact that they left Go your own way as the set closer. This was mind boggling stupid and lazy. What a let down after Gold Dust Woman to end the show with this anemic version of Go Your Own Way. For the record I don’t think GYOW has even been a great closer with Lindsey personally but I can at least understand why it’s the closer when he’s there. Second Hand News is equally lousy but it’s not
masquerading as the grand finale of the show!
3. The lack of any change up in arrangements with even one of the hits.

He Will Burn You Down