View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I don't think there is a soul in the world (over the age of 30) that feels great about looking older. Yes, it can be very gradual, but there is nothing like the discovery of a certain line, bag or sag to remind us of our mortality. I can totally empathize with people who subject themselves to the interventions wrought by modern science to prolong the appearance of youth. I don't think it is a matter of aesthetics as much as it is a way of coming to grips with death. I do fancy the notion of being a taut, line-free corpse one day.
You know, as a 41yo, I've done the best reinvention of myself, over the past 7 months, that has been possible(without spending money). Lost 35 lbs(down to 145 now), and have just completely changed my outlook on life/love. Been dating like crazy(still searching for the right one, though). But, when I'm 50, or 55, and feel like I could really benefit from a nip/tuck, hell yes, pull that **** back! I'm gonna fight death, tooth and nail, as long as I can.

And fwiw, I've always felt this way. I knew at 19, that I was gonna HATE getting older, and knew, even then, that I'd go out swinging! lol

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 03-31-2010 at 12:55 PM..