View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I'm excited.
Anyway '...we've done seven songs'... I wonder whether the previous Lindsey/Mick/John material will also be factored in.
it was 8 songs 6 months ago, they are regressing.

no, this is on top of Lindsey/Mick/John 2012 material. Lindsey has way too many songs recorded already for them to all fit on FM album. guess he should put out solo album in parallel with the Mac one in 2016 - they can do cross-promotion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauls90 View Post
True. But the way she worded it seemed like it's wasn't a question of if but when Stevie will start. Now it almost sounds like they've had dialogue about it (which is also comforting). It was a very frank, upfront statement about their ideas for the recording schedule, so maybe the gears are moving a lot more than we realize!
the way she worded it sounds as - Stevie needs to add her songs, we'll start on that before AUS, and finish it all up in Feb 2016. in the past they made it sound like everything but the SN parts is finished on those 8 CM/LB's songs. there's no reason for them to go into studio and work on finishing anything if SN is not there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
Right! she didn't make Stevie's participation sound questionable or uncertain. I think if she wasn't sure about what Stevie was planning on doing she would have chosen her words differently...or maybe Stevie hasn't made up her mind yet and Chris was just speaking in very general terms. But I sure hope that's not the case.
i hope you are right.

Lindsey has a lecture / Q&A in LA at the end of the month. hopefully people ask him about the album and plans - as they do Mick at every m&g. would be very curious to hear what Lindsey says in that kind of semi-public setting.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"