View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 03:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I really think that, while not forgotten, what happened in the 70s and 80s is in a totally different realm from today. Everyone made everyone's life hell back in those days. Lindsey was an asshole, Stevie was a diva, John was a drunk, Mick was a mess, Christine was annoyed at everyone. That's just how it was.
What happened now I whole heartedly believe is a business/scheduling issue that really went south. I don't think anything triggered anything. At this point in their lives I think they just want to make their money in the easiest way possible and Lindsey's wishes for his solo project was just the straw that broke the camel's back.
i agree with most of what you say, but you have to throw into that business decision the dynamics of stevie and lindsey. in that recent Sirius interview Azoff said that it is a whole different kind of art watching people torturing in the band each other for no apparent reason. i fully believe people and the band he was talking about are stevie/lindsey and FM.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"