Thread: MacNuggets
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There is no better way of finishing off an old decade than with a fresh promise for the future and that is exactly what Fiona and Eddie Doublet did on New Year's Eve.

The couple were married at home in Invercargill with family, friends and a large motorcycle to cap it off. Mr Doublet said they had scheduled the wedding to coincide with a visit by Fiona's brother and sister-in-law, who were visiting from Argentina.

It was also his brother's 50th birthday on Friday, so there were many reasons to celebrate.

The couple have been together for three years and were engaged just over a year ago when he popped the question at a Fleetwood Mac concert in New Plymouth.

The concert was a surprise trip organised by Fiona and it seemed like a good time to make it official.

"It was a surprise trip for me and I didn't realise I was going to ask her to marry me. Halfway through the show, I thought `why not'," Mr Doublet said.

They have known each other for several years because both are motorcycle enthusiasts and have been on many of the same rallies around the area.

They met when Mr Doublet came to his future wife's rescue when a dare she had agreed to backfired and she was locked out of her hotel. The details of that story could not be revealed.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/southland-tim...-in-new-decade