Thread: MacNuggets
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

December 15, 2010
'The Sing-Off' mini-recap: Down to the finals
Unfortunately, I'm fighting a huge headache, and I just don't have it in me to do a full recap of tonight's Sing-Off. But here's generally what went down:

For the first round, the remaining five groups had to sing "superstar medleys." On the Rocks had Elton John, Committed had Usher, Street Corner Symphony did the Beatles, the Backbeats sang Lady Gaga and Jerry Lawson and the Talk of the Town had Otis Redding.

The groups all did a nice job with the medleys, but at the end of that round, On the Rocks was sent packing. (O NO!) Bummer. But at this point in the competition, everyone is just really, really good. I didn't envy the judges having to make that decision.

For the next round, the final four groups sang judges' choice songs.

Committed killed Al Green's "Let's Stay Together." So good. They did this thing, passing along the lead from person to person seamlessly.

Street Corner Symphony was assigned Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Down on the Corner" and turned it a little funky and a lot of fun.

The Backbeats gave a very emotional performance of Fleetwood Mac's "Landslide," to the point that Courtney was crying when it was over.

Jerry Lawson and Talk of the Town did the Animals' "House of the Rising Sun" and turned it into a gospel song, Ben said.

Then it was time for a tough cut ... which the judges totally copped out on, cutting no one and putting all four groups into Monday's finale.

Who do you think is going to win?

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/ente...he_finals.html