View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
I sincerely doubt this will be the type of situation where Sheryl Crow "JOINS" Fleetwood Mac. Joins Fleetwood Mac on the stage, sure. Becomes a member of Fleetwood Mac? Why? Why would she? She's got her own career. Sure, she'd be stoked to sing with the members of her favorite band, but when it comes down to it, her name is her brand just like Fleetwood Mac's name is their brand. She's not going to give that up... she's got her own albums to sell.
She doesn't have to give it up. She could become a member of FM and keep her maiden name! Tour solo again right after the band tour, but under her own banner, just like Stevie does. Although I would hope that doesn't happen. I hope she tours with FM, maybe records with FM, but she doesn't need to be called part of FM.

I have to laugh because she mentions The Chain specifically. If she sang on that song, that means I would have to look at her face much earlier in the FM setlist than I would like. I'd prefer she come out during the second hour or so, not take the stage with The Chain. Her appearance that early on would tell me it was going to be a very loooong night.

FM might win itself some newer, young fans if they tour with her and I already know that Crow will get a lot of exposure out of it. Today, there were 273 newspaper clippings in my mail box from all over the world repeating the story. So, Crow has already made a bunch of headlines for herself.

I have not had that many items in my clipping mail box at one time since Sonny Bono skiied into a tree 10 years ago.

Michele