View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
So I know FM has its own distribution company, but what's there status with Warner Bros.? I mean we now know Stevie is meeting a contractual obligation with Warner/Reprise. My thought is if FM was still connected to WB they would have allowed Stevie to put off her solo album until the new FM LP and tour.Basically what should be a highly successful lp and tour with Christine. So I assume there is no FM Warners partnership. Any thoughts?
I'm not sure what Fleetwood Mac's status with Warner/Reprise is, so I can only speculate. I think the Stevie Nicks owes Warner/Reprise one more album under her contract, thus, the quickie recording sessions for "24 Karat Gold".

I do not think Fleetwood Mac is currently under contract with ANY record label, considering the last EP was released without a label to ITunes. During the recording of "Say You Will", The Mac were negotiating a possible deal with Interscope Records, but decided to go with Warner/Reprise. So, I know, at that time, they didn't necessarily have a deal with Warner.

So, I think what record label that the next Fleetwood Mac album is released under is anybody's guess. Due to their iconic status and the return of Chris, they will have NO PROBLEM finding a number of major labels that are willing to court them. My guess is that they will return to Warner/Reprise since that label holds the rights to most of their catalog. Once again, I have no documentation and this is ALL SPECULATION.