View Single Post
Old 04-11-2023, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
In terms of hit singles, this might be true, but the quality of her Tusk songs is, to my way of thinking, as intriguing and strong as elsewhere. Her voice was in terrific form, and the melodies and low-fi production on several of her tunes really adds a distinct color to the album. I believe "Never Forget," which is already a fine song, might have made a great single had it been arranged as one. The song has a strong commercial ring to it, but the production choices are modest. In all cases, the decision to keep her songs pretty bare exposes their lovely simplicity.

I was never a fan of "Over and Over" but I don't hate it, and everything else of hers on Tusk is delicious to me.

I actually think Over & Over is Christine’s best song on Tusk, but I like the live versions much better than the album version. Never Make Me cry is also a great Christine Tusk song. But I’m generally not a fan of the modest production on Christine’s Tusk songs. They all needed to be popped up more. I’m kind of in the Tusk should have been Rumours 2.0 club. I can appreciate Lindsey’s creativity and artistry, but Tusk could have been a much better album if it was a Rumours 2 and was only 11 or 12 songs.