View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I think that is wrong and shows your clear bias against Stevie no matter what the facts state. But, if you do not see it now, you will never see it
Yes, my "clear bias against Stevie" is that I don't think she put much effort into the Tango album. Yep, I'm guilty. And of course the band wanted her around. She was an integral member of the band. I think it's just a shame that she wasn't much. I think they felt that way too.

Quote:
Then, when she gets there and makes the commitment despite what I am sure was pure hell for her after the addiction, LB says, I can't take it and he leaves. That is pretty horrible behavior on his part and IMO shows a huge gesture on her part -
She actually says she was sailing right after her rehab. Felt better than ever. (Sadly, then shortly thereafter she was talked into Klonopin where it seems she felt very little at all.)

That aside, I've always thought it odd that she, having spent next to no time on the album, felt justified in lecturing Lindsey on his commitment to the band when he finally confessed that he didn't want to tour. I don't think either one of them shine brightly on the grounds of immense loyalty there, or had much room to be slamming each other on the topic given the circumstances.

I don't think it's horrible behavior on his part because I don't measure his choices merely by how they affect Stevie. He made a choice that was best for his own life. Just as Stevie did when she left, and Christine has done now.