View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Precisely. None of that material has been reimagined as anything other than a faithful duplication of the old albums. Even the general progression of the traditional set is kept (The Chain and Dreams early on, acoustic songs halfway through, and Go Your Own Way and Don't Stop as closers).

If the band wants the big money, it needs to do this. I would never blame the band for doing this, but I certainly won't pretend that something else is happening musically.
i find it interesting that Don't Dream Is Over is now played acoustically at the last few shows. i listened to it for Pittsburgh because i wanted to hear Neil's dedication and it made a complete sense there. but in that Ottawa review it's again described as acoustic rendition. i thought full band version i heard was a horrible cover and Neil looked like he's almost in pain bracing and trying to not hear what's happening around him while he was playing it. maybe he finally just put his foot down and decided to do it acoustically instead?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"