View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 View Post
^ This. She's 70 years old and was having a lovely time on her solo tour. If she had any desire to contribute to BuckVie (and thereby have it be a Mac record), she had plenty of opportunity to do so. I've read her quotes on the making of Say You Will (her feelings on the experience seemed to get progressively worse as time passed); I think she's decided she's not spending one more minute of the time she's got left in a studio with Lindsey. (Not trying to cast blame on either side for WHY she doesn't want to...just objectively stating that it's been pretty apparent that it is something she has no desire to do).
then SHE should leave the band. Go do you time on solo tours and solo albums if that's what makes you happy. Why rip apart the band when YOU are the ONE who is unhappy???

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
when you're a public figure
and have been in a massive band for DECADES
you should be able to conduct yourself in a manner
that doesnt turn 1/2 your fandom against you.

i'm all for having a dark, bitchy side
and stevie's flaws are one of the reasons she appealed to me
but lack of loyalty and destroying a band (which prob at max has 3 - 5 years left in them) over actual PETTY $h!t gets no sympathy from me.
she should have left.
see my quote above. totally agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
I don't buy any jealousy over that album either. Good grief, she said in an interview she wished them well. (perhaps just grateful she wasn't the one in the studio working with Lindsey again?) I don't get the obsession with the jealousy theory and I also don't understand those who want so terribly to believe that Christine and Lindsey are such close friends.
wth else is she going to say in the press?? she's going to say the politically correct thing so she looks like a good sport. doesn't mean she means it.