View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller View Post
Weeds has jumped the shark way too many times. How many more crazy scenarios can the characters get themselves wrapped up in? It's getting old. The only thing really holding my attention at this point is Mary Louise Parker's outfits and Andy's hilarious one-liners. This show needs to wrap up soon.

True Blood on the hand is riveting. I can't wait for the next season. Fairies in the world of vampires? This is going to get interesting.
Well, Weeds is all about shark jumping. In fact, I think they need to work an actual shark jumping stunt into the plot somehow. It has never been rooted in any semblance of reality and it has been the most cleverly absurd, politically incorrect piece of escapism ever concocted for television. I thought it was wise for Jenji Kohan to move beyond the initial parameters of the show, i.e., pot dealing MILF trapped in a cookie cutter housing tract development in suburban hell. It wouldn't have lasted five seasons, let alone three. What I love about the show is how they get themselves into such dire straits that it is impossible to imagine how they could ever wiggle themselves out of their predicaments. And even though she is a sociopath and the maker of very bad decisions, one cannot help but feel pathos for Nancy/Nathalee as a single mother trying to get ahead in the world. I hope the show goes on forever!

One thing that does bother me this season is that Mary Louise Parker's face seems to change from scene to scene... the tell-tale signs of Botox abuse. Yes, she looks amazing for her age, but perhaps it's time to allow herself to age normally- after all, she is supposed to be the mother of a college-age kid.