View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Hey. No offence. I personally wouldn't describe your liking of Kiln House as absurd. I can see it has a certain charm about it and it's an important record just because it exists (the band could have folded before that point and history would have turned out very differently). However, any suggestion of it making an all-time top 500 list is a bit of an absurdity really, especially if most of the band's most successful albums fail to make it. For me it's a bit far fetched to suggest music bigwigs, fellow artists, producers and music journalists would rank it above the likes of Tusk, Mirage or the White Album or even critically acclaimed albums such as Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, Mystery to Me, Bare Trees or Say You Will. That's not to denigrate your tastes, I just feel it's a reach to ever consider it being close to such a list when the general consensus is it's one of Fleetwood Mac's weakest offerings. I know you're just making the point you have a soft spot for that album. I'm just objectively saying there's not much chance of it ever garnering much love from the types of people who vote for these things. Not meaning to offend.
Thanks! Truly. Some of my most beloved Mac moments are ones others think are trash. “Sugar Daddy” and “Oh Daddy,” for instance. I’m protective of KILN HOUSE because I — along with a certain subset of critics and obsessed fans — think it’s magic, charming magic if not bewitching magic.

But again, thanks!