View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

One year ago, I decided to get my weight under control. I was 180, and I'm 5'10", not big boned. I gave up most red meat, and bread. I ate a big spinach salad, about 5 nights a week, for dinner. I lost 45 lbs, down to 135(which is almost too small, but I was motivated, so I kept it up). I've had ONE fast food hamburger, in the past year.

I drink a ton of water in the afternoon(2-3 liters, minimum of 2!). I do think the water keeps my stomach full during the day, and keeps me from being too hungry. Yes, the big salad for dinner, was my one meal for the day, plus some late night beer!.

I have put on 5 lbs, in the past month, but that's only because I've had a sh*t ton of cookouts and dinners, that I've been going to, lately. I'm back on the spinach salads, and that 5 lbs will be gone, in a week or two.

Not exactly the healthiest diet in the world, but it works for me. My blood pressure is down 20 points, and my cholesterol is down 93!!!!!!!! My doctor had been threatening me with cholesterol meds for a couple of years, and I now no longer need them!

Oh, and I feel like a million bucks now. My friends who are 15 years younger than I, marvel at my endless energy. Seriously. This is probably the best thing I've done in my life. Eating is a terrible addiction, and I finally beat it.