View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 03:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
^^
Don't get me wrong, Carrie, I know a salad and a water is way more sensible and healthy than cookies!
I think alot also has to do with how many pounds a person needs to lose, which, if it's more than 20 pounds, the sensible, healthy, slow, steady way is the smart way to go.
Lisa's niece and I would sometimes have maybe 10 pounds each back then to lose, and we were kids, so it was easy-ish. That is, til I was 40 and decided I wanted to lose the weight that stayed off 15 years then came back along with another 1o pounds added. So, I lied- or forgot I guess- About 6 years ago, I had to lose 20 pounds. And it was hard. Lots of cardio and tons of hours on the exercise bike, no sweets, little bread, little dairy. It's mostly stayed off, except for 5 pounds I'm losing now.
My DAD who I referenced, has had more than 100 pounds to lose for a long time, which is why I think him beginning by waiting to drink his beverage til after he eats is a good way to start. It could trick his metabolism. Or, it may not. He's handicapped, so can't exercise at all. And for me, I think finishing eating before drinking anything has helped keep the weight off, but I may be wrong, and except for 6 years ago, I never had a lot to have to take off.
It's all an interesting subject to me, and I can tell when someone sounds that they know what they're talking about, as Carrie does. Then again, I thought so about Lisa Hartman, too!
The older I get, the more I KNOW that I know NOTHING!!!!
Yes, we should all get our advice from the notorious metabolic expert Dr. Lisa Hartman. I'm sure her assertions are backed by reams of clinical trial data. And we all know that food like fruits, vegetables and soups don't contain any liquid. If anything, by not drinking any liquid with a meal, you are actually delaying the feeling of satiety that liquid would help to create, thereby encouraging you to eat even more food.

Lisa Hartman is thin because she watches what she eats and she exercises like a fiend. Period.