View Single Post
Old 01-20-2003, 03:45 PM
Ledgie

Doc, and everyone else out there.

The cover picture of the new cd is from Amazon.co.uk, but does not seem to be avaliable via Amazon.com as yet.

The John Mayall/ Peter Green concert was excellent this time around, having seen them back in 2000. (which was also very very good) As they said at the time 'It does not get any better than this' -the blues that is.

As you may have gathered by now I am a BIG fan of Peter's having followed FM and Pete's careers since late 1967 when I was still at school. I have had the pleasure of seeing Fleetwood Mac more times than I can really recall over the years and have terrific memories of some great concerts and gigs played by them.

I was also very fortunate to have a friend who I worked with at the time (1968-1971) who knew Danny Kirwan, so I got to meet the guy a couple of times at gigs we went to back around the time when 'Man of the World' was released. He was a really nice person and a GREAT guitar player in his own right, and complemented Peter and Jeremy perfectly. Oh happy days!!

Yes, I do hope to get to the FM convention in SW London If my work schedule will allow me. I know the area very well, and not to far from where Peter Green's parents use to live, (New Maldern) and FM used to play at a pub called the 'Toby Jug' at Tolworth.

Well my friends, it is time to sign off and play some sounds ('Peacekeeper' and 'Thrown Down' to start with!!)

Cheers for now,
Blue Horizon.