View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Maybe they booked studio time with the secondary intention of proving to Stevie they're serious about this. They want an album. The optimists keep saying "well she's not needed in the studio" and to some extent it's true. They CAN work on Christine's songs without Stevie's involvement and that's what they're doing. Though it doesn't mean she can't be involved. Also notice they are very vague about the album. No time table or anything. Just that they're working on stuff and an album is in the mix somewhere. I don't think they have any agreement in place with Stevie in place regarding her involvement.
I tend to think you're right. I just keep thinking back to the early days of the band. Stevie was always in the studio, even if she wasn't doing anything. Case & point, her making coffee during the Tusk documentary. Or her hanging out in Sly Stone's studio during the making of Rumours while she wasn't needed, and crafting Dreams. Stevie was pretty much always around for her first 4 Mac albums. That all stopped for the making of Tango, and we know how her songs suffered because of it. Stevie was also only around for the recording of her own songs during Say You Will, and we all know how displeased she was with that album, too. Seems like the woman isn't learning from her own mistakes.